Friday, August 19, 2016

Interview with novelist and poet Nick Knardirell

I’m chatting with Nick Knardirell today about her crime fiction novel, Minnesota: Her Account; Her View.

Bio:
Nick Knardirell is an author, writer, singer/songwriter poetess who has released her latest crime fiction novel, Minnesota: Her Account; Her View.

Please tell us about your current release.
Minnesota, details the upbringing, rise and fall of Croatian crime lord, Fuada Busticnam. Living a double life as a crime lord and an upstanding citizen with civil duties, Fuada would be the least likely candidate to commit any criminal activity. From prison, she narrates the life she led. Innocent bystanders who escaped prison to clear their names must journey to Minnesota to find Fuada. Her brother and the FBI await Fuada's arrival in Minnesota, but mayhem ensues along the way!

What inspired you to write this book?
I love crime thrillers.

What exciting story are you working on next?
I am currently working on the sequel to Minnesota.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I thought there had to be something to the constant writing in 2007 with the release of my first self-help book. I wrote on receipts, napkins, scrap paper and sometimes my hand.

Do you write full-time? If so, what's your work day like? If not, what do you do other than write and how do you find time to write?
I'm always writing something. If I could, I'd write full time but I have a day job as they say. To carve out time for writing, I schedule a set amount of time and stick to it.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
My strict adherence to my writing time schedule. Whatever begs my attention when I am writing has to wait until I am finished writing.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I also wanted to be an Ob/Gyn.

Anything additional you want to share with the readers?
For someone interested in being a writer, keep at it. Know why writing is what you wish to do and know that discouragement will sometimes be your closet enemy.

Links:


Thanks for being here today, Nick! All the best with your writing. 

No comments: