Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Interview with Christian non-fiction writer Nicole Cleveland

Today’s guest is Christian non-fiction writer Nicole Cleveland. She’s telling us a bit about her newest book, So He Hurt You, Now What? – Messages of Hope for a Hurting Sister.

Bio:
Nicole Cleveland is the founder of Breathe Again Ministries, Breathe Again Magazine and host of Breathe Again Radio & TV Show.

She has helped thousands of women extract purpose from the pain they’ve endured. She has a heart for those on the verge of giving up, like she once was. Her ministry and personal mission is to ensure people are not suffering in silence.

In 2010 she released her debut book, So He Cheated, Now What?, her personal testimony of overcoming an affair in her marriage; an affair that produced a child.
God is the steady rock that stays consistent in her life. Without God, nothing she does would be possible.

Welcome, Nicole. Please tell us about your current release.
So He Hurt You Now What? Messages of Hope for a Hurting Sister is my voice in your ear telling you despite who hurt you, who betrayed you, and who left, you will make it. It’s not the end of you and we need you to get yourself together and LIVE again.

What inspired you to write this book?
After writing my first book, women would contact me about being hurt. Some from infidelity, but many just from being hurt. Pain is pain. I would minister to these women via the phone and made sure I took time with them. Sometimes all we need is a listening ear and an encouraging word. That’s why I wrote this book. I wrote it to encourage my sisters.

Excerpt:
On this rollercoaster we call life, each one of us has been given a choice to stay on or jump off. Oftentimes, we find ourselves stuck in the seat, when all we have to do is un­buckle the seatbelt and get off the ride. The choice is ours.
Sometimes we need a friend to shake us and tell us to “wake up”.
As women, we love hard but we hurt harder. When our heart has been broken it seems like no one understands. I want you to know that I get it. I was there.
When we’re hurt we can stay “stuck” or in that low place, feeling sorry for ourselves and creating the bomb.com pity party for ourselves.
So He Hurt You, Now What? Messages of Hope to a Hurting Sister is my voice in your head telling you how special you are, despite who left, walked away or betrayed you. 2
So He Hurt You, Now What?
I want you to know they DO NOT have power over you. They don’t dictate who you are or what you’ll be. When we don’t eat, when we beg them to come back to us, and when we become that “crazy” ex, we give them our POWER. We have allowed them to control us by their negative actions towards us.
Hey Girl—Take Your POWER Back!


What exciting story are you working on next?
I am going to take a stab in Christian Fiction for my next project.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I never really considered myself a writer. Writing has always been therapy to me.
I also wrote but I wrote to heal.

Do you write full-time? If so, what's your work day like? If not, what do you do other than write and how do you find time to write?
No, I do not write full time. I just left my corporate career as a professional fundraiser to run my own non-profit, fundraising consulting and encourage women.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I write on anything… This is not always good as I have to remember translate my thoughts from the scaps of paper to my computer.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A singer and an actress. You can’t tell me I can’t sing. (even though most people think I can’t ) But I still believe in me.

Anything additional you want to share with the readers?
Thank you for taking the time to showcase my work and thank the readers for stopping by. God Bless You.

Social links:



Thank you, Nicole!


2 comments:

Things that Make You Go Shhhh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Regina said...

No, Nicole, you cannot sing, remember, I heard you, LOL!! Congratulations on this awesome message for the masses of Women in pain. I believe many will be healed by this amazing book! Hugs, Love you to Life!