Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Interview with author C. Elizabeth


Today's guest, C. Elizabeth is in the midst of a virtual book tour for her novel Absolute Obsession.

Welcome, C. Elizabeth. Please tell us a bit about yourself.
I live in St. Albert, Alberta, Canada with my family and work full-time as a paralegal. During this wonderful journey I have embarked on, I've learned a lot about myself, sometimes to the point that I wonder how the heck I got this far in life and know so little about myself.

For years I dabbled in many things, such as drawing, photography, sewing, only to find that after a while, I would lose interest. However, writing was a different story -- it found me and continues to be an addiction, as well as a most wonderful, incredible passion.

Please tell us about your current release.
Absolute Obsession is a novel about 42-year-old Rose Gerbaldi, who, for all intent and purposes is a loving wife, mother and grandmother and like all of us, on occasion she needs time to herself – those times she refers to as her me times. Her usual me times last about a week, then would pick up right where she left off and life would go on. However, this particular time goes awry when she finds herself absorbed in a book and completely fascinated by the hero – which hero is depicted in the movie version of the book, by thirty year old, British movie star, Michael Terrance. She then realizes her emotional attraction is no longer for the fictional character she had envisioned while reading the book, it was Michael Terrance.

There is love found, love lost, and love found again, but most of all it’s a story that shows us that no matter what decisions we make in our lives, even if they go against what fate is calling for...fate always finds a way to get you back on the path it intended for you to begin with.

What inspired you to write this book?
The inspiration came directly from the characters themselves. They reached out to me to tell their story, through a very unorthodox way, but somehow they knew I wouldn’t have listened if they introduced themselves the conventional way. Every day they inspire me and it has been a most wonderful journey.

What exciting story are you working on next?
I am working the third of the Absolute series as we speak and I also have two more in the works that are not related either to the Absolute series or each other. I’m looking forward to delving a little deeper into the latter two once the Absolute Obsession series is finished.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
In some ways, I still don’t consider myself a writer. As I said before my characters use me as their vessel to tell their stories, they are the storytellers, I’m simply the narrator.

Do you write full-time? If so, what's your work day like? If not, what do you do other than write and how do you find time to write?
If I could write full-time I would, unfortunately that isn’t a feasible option at this point, I’m hoping it will be in the future though. Right now I work full-time as paralegal. The writing bug can hit me at any time during day and when it does, it’s written down and sometimes it’s something as small as a two word note, other times as long as two pages. Finding time to write for me is, it gives me peace.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I need complete silence when I write. That’s not to say people aren’t allowed to talk to me, because they do, but there can’t be a television or radio on, sometimes even the noise from the washing machine can distract me. If I’m unable to hear my characters then I lose my train of thought and forget what it was I was to be writing.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a child psychologist.

Anything additional you want to share with the readers?
Thank you for having me and most of all, thank you to the readers for bringing my characters alive in their imaginations, that is what excites me most and I wish you a dream you never knew you had.

Thanks for stopping by here on your virtual book tour. Happy writing!

1 comment:

C. Elizabeth - Absolute Obsession said...

Thank you so much for having me today, this interview was great fun.