Thursday, February 24, 2011

Interview with writer Skeeze Whitlow



Today we have a quick chat with writer Skeeze Whitlow.

Please tell us about your current release, the audiobook "Senate Parking".
The story is about a multicultural crew of parking lot attendants who operate a dating service from the Senate lots.

What inspired you to write this book?
True-to-life experience. I worked on Capitol Hill as a parking lot attendant.

How did you get into audio books?
Online, I entered negotiations with www.NewFiction.com.

What exciting story are you working on next?
"Yuiza's New Name" -- it's a story about a group of modern-day freebooters who take us from extreme to extreme, dabbling in the unspeakable. Pickpockets from Puerto Rico get into smuggling, then oil transport and dealing in Aztec antiquities, and ultimately biofuel production. The reader walks away having survived highjackings from the Antilles to Central America, and back.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
Shortly after I was thrown out of high school.

Do you write full-time? If so, what's your work day like? If not, what do you do other than write and how do you find time to write?
I write full-time, from 8 a.m. till noon, daily. In the afternoons, I market myself. Then, I manage to work at some piddley job.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I take long walks. I once tried to walk the Appalachian Trail – I’ll have to try that, again

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
It used to change from day to day.

Anything additional you want to share with the readers?
I want them to know that if they have a true desire -- or dream – it is their responsibility to fulfill that desire.

"Senate Parking" can be found through http://www.NewFiction.com.

Skeeze, thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself. Best of luck with your writing and audiobook projects.

1 comment:

J.Q. Rose said...

Interesting premise...the dating game in the senate parking lots...
Dare I imagine some married Senators making dates??