Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chiczofrenia: Virtual book tour stop for Dr. Laina Turner-Molaski



Please welcome Dr. Laina Turner-Molaski as she continues her virtual book tour for her newest book, Chiczofrenia: Crazy Is an Art Form.

Let's start with a short bio to who you are.
Who am I? It kind of depends on the day. I am a human compendium of unrelated things. I used to think I was just weird, had shiny ball syndrome and couldn’t focus, scattered, you name it. Then I decided it was OK to be all over the place as long as each avenue I wanted to explore had meaning and purpose or was fun. So I embrace the fact I am a college professor (Go Capella), a writer of fiction and non-fiction, promoter of other authors, human resource professional, business consultant, and all around interesting person (according to my closest friends).

When I’m not working toward my goals I like, ok fine, LOVE wine, coffee, shopping, and books. I enjoy my kids, they are awesome. I hate the cold but yet live in the mid-west. Vegas is one of my favorite spots as I love to people watch and if I ever get married again it will definitely be in a drive through chapel by a fake Elvis.

Please tell us a bit about Chiczofrenia: Crazy Is an Art Form.
Chiczofrenic is the term for the woman who is purposeful and intentional in how crazy her life may be. The goal with this book is to recognize many women drive themselves crazy, intentionally, by trying to be all they can. I firmly believe we can have it all. A great relationship, being a great mom, keeping a good house (if that’s important to you), being a career woman, following your dreams, working out, eating right, and many more. Women seem to have the knack for how to manage it all and not go crazy. Women seem to always take on more and more…and are successful at it.

What inspired you to write this book?
I was going through a lot of life changes and I felt that not only did I need to get it out, but also I felt so alone at times that other women may feel the same way and writing about it could help others.

What exciting story are you working on next?
I am working on my next fiction novel, the follow up to Stilettos & Scoundrels.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
That’s a funny question because I still don’t really consider myself a writer. Although this is now the third book I have written and published it seems so unreal to consider myself an author. I think of authors as people I read. Not my writing.

Do you write full-time? If so, what's your work day like? If not, what do you do other than write and how do you find time to write?
I don’t write full-time, I wish I did. I have a full-time job as a college professor and I try and write any free time I have. One of my obstacles is I have a hard time writing when I am tried. My creativity just doesn’t seem to be at its best if I don’t have energy, but I have learned to compensate by dashing off my fresh ideas in the morning and then cleaning them up later. I hope that someday I will be able to devote myself full time to the writing.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
When I editm I do it long hand and it has to be in a colored pen. Anything but blue or black.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was really small I wanted to be a truck driver or work at Taco Bell. Then as I got older and a little more realistic, I thought I would be a veterinarian, I loved animals, until I realized that I wasn’t the best at anatomy and physiology. Then I switched to business.

Anything additional you want to share with the readers?
Writing is a great outlet for me. I have always felt the compulsion to write. Whether it was journaling or stories, something about the act of doing it has always made me feel better. The fact that I am able to now create material that at least a few people feel like reading is a great thing to me.


Readers, you can learn more about Laina as she visits other blogs through this Goddess Fish virtual book tour. Tomorrow, she'll be at Chris Redding's blog. For all other stops, you can check out the tour schedule.

And, Readers, leave a comment here and as you follow the tour. Laina will be giving away three $40 Visa gift cards during her tour: one to a randomly drawn commenter in each of the following periods: January 31-February 25; February 28-March 25; March 28-April 22. There are plenty of chances to win and you don't have anything to lose!

No comments: