Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Interview with inspirational writer Robert Chomany

Today’s guest is inspirational writer Robert (BawB) Chomany. He’s talking a bit about his newest compilation titled, BawB’s Raven Feathers.


Bio:
Robert (BawB) Chomany is the author of the BawB’s Raven Feathers award-winning series, which are pure and simple inspirational books. He was born in Calgary, Alberta, with a clear view of the mountains to the west. These mountains eventually drew BawB in, and he spent many years living in the company of nature, exploring his spiritual side.

Welcome, BawB, please tell us about your current release.
The current release is Vol V of a five volume series, Series One is now a boxed set.

What inspired you to write this book?
The Universe was becoming too full of negative energy, I felt a need to throw in some smiles and inspiration to help people look forward to their tomorrows.


Excerpt:
Are you prepared each day for what life brings,
or do you wait with bated breath?
Are you calm enough to let things slide,
or do they turn into life and death?
It’s so much easier to just put on a smile
and accept what we cannot control.
Life is short, but when the days seem long,
it’s better to let things roll.


What exciting story are you working on next?
Series Two, Vol VI

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
After Vol I my editor called me a writer, I am still not comfortable with the title, its like a wool sweater, it fits, but it’s itchy.

Do you write full-time? If so, what's your work day like? If not, what do you do other than write and how do you find time to write?
I write an inspirational rhyming quote every morning (Mon to Fri) and a blog page every couple of weeks, I am up each morning at 0500 and have a routine; I put the coffee on, let my dog Levi out then share a morning smile. The rest of my day is spent on marketing follow ups, creating new contacts, and physically popping in to the stores that carry my books, it means the world to me to share a smile with the people that have welcomed me into their stores.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I can’t play an instrument but I am concerned with the flow of my rhymes, it’s like they have a “beat” from start to finish and I drive my editor crazy trying to keep it flowing.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Older… and now that I am, I still don’t know what I want to b.

Anything additional you want to share with the readers?
Never give up on your dreams, keep your goals real and obtainable and you will always meet with success.

Thank you, BawB!

No comments: