Sunday, September 11, 2011

RYDS Tour Stop - Interview with Kristie Cook


Welcome to Day 1 of the Romancing Your Dark-Side (RYDS) tour set of author interviews here on Reviews and Interviews. The tour itself is Aug 5 - Oct 31, and here's the full schedule. I'm hosting all 7 authors here this week.

Today's guest is Kristie Cook.

And at the end of the week, there will be a Virtual Gift Basket Giveaway for one commenter - Ebooks upon Ebooks, swag, and other goodies. So make sure to leave a comment today and each day this week!

Bio:
Kristie Cook is a lifelong, award-winning writer in various genres, from marketing communications to fantasy fiction. She continues to write the Soul Savers Series, with the first two books, Promise and Purpose, available now and the third book, Devotion, coming February 2012. She’s also written a companion novella, Genesis, coming October 2011.

Besides writing, she enjoys reading, cooking, traveling and riding on the back of a motorcycle. She has lived in ten states, but currently calls Southwest Florida home with her husband, three teenage sons, a beagle and a puggle.

Kristie, welcome to Reviews and Interviews. Please tell us about your current release.
Purpose is the second book in the Soul Savers Series, continuing the story of Alexis, Tristan, and the Amadis started in Promise, the first book. It picks up 9 years after Promise left off, in present day. Alexis must face both personal and real-life demons as she learns her purpose in life and begins the transformation into the woman she’ll have to become for the rest of the series.

What inspired you to write this book?
Promise and Purpose were originally written as one book and I started with a scene in my mind that became a pivotal scene in Purpose. After I wrote that scene—what I thought was just for fun for me—an ending came to mind, but first I had to find out how the characters even got to this scene in the first place. Before I knew it, I had a full book, which was really two. So, really, the characters inspired me to write it.

What exciting story are you working on next?
I am working on a novella that is a side story for the Soul Savers Series. It is about the beginning of the Amadis over 2,000 years ago.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I’ve been a writer, in one capacity or another, since I was 8 years old. My entire career has included writing and/or editing as my main duty, so I’ve always considered myself a writer. Not until I had that first draft of Promise/Purpose done did I really think I could possibly be a fiction author.

Do you write full-time? If so, what's your work day like? If not, what do you do other than write and how do you find time to write?
Sort of. I own two businesses with the same business partner. The second business is a publishing company that publishes my books. My main job function has become writing and running the publishing company, but I’m still pretty involved in the other company, too. We provide consulting services to the construction industry.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
When I’m gearing up to write or need to think something through, I listen to appropriate music and play Minesweeper. It’s the stupidest game, but it’s what my brain needs. The counting is mundane but enough of a distraction and it uses the other side of my brain than writing, giving the creative half a break. If that doesn’t work, I’ll take a shower. LOL My best ideas come to me in the shower, though.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A writer. Or a pilot or a teacher or a hotel owner. But mostly a writer. Oh, and a mom. Definitely always wanted to be a mom.

Anything additional you want to share with the readers?
Just that I hope you’ll give both Promise and Purpose a chance. Although I had to split them into two books, I really intend them to be read together. Otherwise, you don’t get the full story. At least, the beginning of the story. The rest is still to come. ;)

And thank you, Lisa, for hosting me and the Romancing Your Dark Side Tour! This was fun!

I can be reached through several avenues:
Author Website & Blog: http://www.KristieCook.com
Series Website: http://www.SoulSaversSeries.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AuthorKristieCook
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/kristiecookauth
Tumbler: http://www.tumblr.com/tumblelog/kristiecook
Google+: https://plus.google.com/102746226001674797330/posts


It was great to have you here, Kristie. Enjoy the rest of your tour.

Remember, at the end of the week, there will be a Virtual Gift Basket Giveaway for one commenter - Ebooks upon Ebooks, swag, and other goodies. So make sure to leave a comment today and each day this week!

1 comment:

InlovewithTwilight7 said...

Kristi I would live to read this series. It sounds very interesting. I can't wait to get my hands in them. Thank you for sharing with us.

Tasha

natasha.strong@gmail.com