Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Interview with poet Dominique L. Watson


Reviews and Interviews welcome poet Dominique Watson today to talk about her writing life and her newest book of poetry, The Tension Reliever Volume 2; Another Side of Me.

Tell us about your current release.
My current release is the second volume of my poetry collection The Tension Reliever.

What inspired you to write this book?
I wanted to write poems that I’d never written before, at the same time release a little tension from the things I was dealing with.

What exciting story are you working on next?
I’m currently editing my next book Love’s Deception. Monica has never been truly loved. She was raised by her older sister Angie. They were neglected by their drug addict and alcoholic mother at a young age. Monica meets and falls in love with a man that nearly destroys her life.

After facing five years in jail for Arson, Derrick, Monica’s boyfriend has resurfaced and he’s back to take his role in Monica’s life as her number one.

With Monica’s family strongly urging Monica to stay away from Derrick, she’s put into a deep hole that was dug by one of her closest friends and realizes everything and everybody isn’t always was it seems. After years of abandonment, Monica’s mother resurfaces but she can’t find it in her heart to forgive her for all the wrong she’s done to she and her sister
A huge secret is lurking around the corner and all hell is about to break lose if Monica doesn’t break away from the love that could destroy her life…or ultimately…kill her.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
Probably just seven years ago. I think at that time I knew I wanted to write and publish my work.

Do you write full-time? If so, what's your work day like? If not, what do you do other than write and how do you find time to write?
I’m a business owner so I don’t write full time. Running a magazine takes up most of my time I would have to call myself a part time writer. Whenever I feel the pull to get a book done or a few chapters written, then I will take a break from running my business to working on my books.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I love writing while listening to music…not my novels but my poetry…I can write a great poem while listening to music.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a cosmetologist. I went to school for it but never worked in a salon. :)

Anything additional you want to share with the readers?
I run a magazine called From A Writer’s POV. We’ve been in business five years this July. We’re in print, online and digital!

The Tension Reliever Volume 1: A Poetry Collection is available through Amazon.

No comments: