Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Interview with author Ya Ya Badasu - BK Walker Books virtual book tour



Welcome, Readers, to Reviews and Interviews' interview with Ya Ya Z. Badasu another author from BK Walker Books, Authors Promoting Authors virtual book tour. Here is a listing of the full schedule.

Ya Ya, welcome!


Please tell us about your current release.
The title of my book is, Reflections: Thoughts, Passions, and Truths. It is a book of poetry that is centered around the Black American community; however, I believe that it will appeal to men and women of all backgrounds. My book consists of love poems, sex poems, and poems about everyday life.

What inspired you to write this book?
I’ve always loved to write. I kept a record of all of my poems on my computer. It didn’t take too long to realize that I had quite a few poems. I never intended on having a book, it was just a collection of my work.

What exciting story are you working on next?
I’m always writing. I’m not sure what you’d call it, but I’m still writing poems, and I’m getting another small collection. I guess that I’m just like you all. I can’t wait to see what’s going to come of this next collection.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I really didn’t consider myself a writer until I found out that I was being published. I was just a person who kept a record of my feelings on a computer. I’ve always admired writers, but I just couldn’t put myself into that category. Writers were so much above what I was doing. I admired them, but now, I’m one of them.

Do you write full-time? If so, what's your work day like? If not, what do you do other than write and how do you find time to write?
I don’t write as often as I’d like to write. I keep a journal, but my poetry is only written when I have something on my mind or in my heart. I’m a full-time student, so my day is filled with going to class and studying. When I have free time, I’m writing.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I don’t know. There really isn’t any one thing that I have to do in order to write. I will say, however, when inspiration hits, I have to stop everything. I’ve been late to class because I’ve had the urge to write. I know that it is almost impossible to recreate a mood just the way it was when you were first inspired, so I just drop everything for my writing’s sake.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I’ve always wanted to be a teacher. I come from a family of educators, and teaching is the one profession that I’ve always wanted to do. I’m studying now so that I can become a high school English teacher. It’s nice to make your dreams come true.

Anything additional you want to share with the readers?
I hope that you all enjoy my book, and I promise that I’ll keep writing and keep sharing.

Thank you for your time, Ya Ya. Have fun with the rest of the virtual book tour!

Ya Ya's book can be found here.

Leave a comment to be entered into a drawing to win one of several gifts from promoter of this VBT, BK Walker. Gifts include: a $25 Visa Gift Card, book light,a free-of-charge virtual book tour, or one writing package which includes a journal, pen, book light, and book marker.

My next guest for this virtual book tour is June 16 - David Fingerman.

No comments: