Monday, April 26, 2010

Interview with author Nedyne Shorts Nettles - BK Walker virtual book tour



Welcome, Readers, to Reviews and Interviews' interview with another author from BK Walker Books, Authors Promoting Authors virtual book tour. Here is a listing of the full schedule.

Nedyne, thank you for stopping by today.

Please tell us about your current release.
Poison Reality: A Symphony of Bittersweet is my first published book. It's a suspense novel written in the format of a soap involving a host of characters protraying real life. Three friends meet under sad circumstances and learn that everything isn't about them. Vierna one of the main characters finds herself after giving her husband a divorce.

What inspired you to write this book?
Watching soaps and reading books that I felt were missing the reality of life.

What kind of research do you do to make your novels realistic?
I am a psychology major so I do a lot of people watching. I study their characteristics and I listen to their plights.

Did anything in the writing of the current book come as a surprise to you?
I was very surprised that people identified with different things in the book and their comments gave me a new perspective on some of the characters.

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?
I would do a lot more character development.

What exciting story are you working on next?
I am in the process of working on the sequel.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I have always heard that I had a gift for writing but only after I became a published author have I allowed myself this great title.

Do you write full-time? If so, what’s your work day like? If not, what do you do other than write and how do you find time to write?
I do not write full time, am a nurse, a mother, a wife, and a full time college student. I enjoy writing so it is a fun pastime.

Anything you’d like to share with the audience?
I just want people to know that you should write because you love it and not because you plan to make money off of it.

What do you like to do when you're not writing?
Watch movies read books and blog on Facebook.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
Watching people and finding ways to incorporate their character into stories.

What was one of the most surprising things you learned while creating your newest book?
I learned that even though you wrote the book you can always learn more about its character from the reader.

Where can folks learn more about you and your writing?
My Web site, and the book's Web site.

Anything else you'd like to share?
My most favorite author in this genre would be Maeve Binchy because her books read like mine. She wrote Tara Road.


Thank you for your time, Nedyne. Have fun with the rest of the virtual book tour!


My next guest for the virtual book tour is May 7, Fiona Ingram.

1 comment:

nay said...

THANKS FOR THE GREAT INTERVIEW.I tried to advertise your site as much as possible take care. nedyne