Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Interview with romance author Rhonda Lee Carver


Today's guest is romance author Rhonda Lee Carver.

Bio:
Suffering from years of hopeless romantic notions and sexy, sassy heroines and bad-ass heroes taking up residence in her mind, Rhonda decided to write and bring the stories to life. With baby on one hip and a laptop on the other--and two years later--Rhonda has published five eBooks with a handful of spicy love stories waiting for the final touches.

When Rhonda isn’t crafting edge-of-your-seat, sizzling-ink novels, you will find her with her children, watching soccer, watching a breathtaking movie, doing (or trying) yoga, and finding new ways to keep her smile bright.

Rhonda thrives on making her readers happy. She believes everyone deserves romance--one page at a time…

Rhonda, welcome! Please tell us about your current release, Delaney's Sunrise.
Dee is engaged to Jacob, but in love with his brother, Abe. When Jacob is killed in a car accident, guilt drives Dee from the family farm. Years later, Dee comes back. Passion reignites between Abe and Dee. Jacob’s death haunts them with more than his memory. Secrets exist and someone wants Dee gone from town before she figures out the truth. Will guilt keep Abe and Dee from one another? Dee must reveal all of the secrets before it’s too late…or the next death on the farm may be her own.

What inspired you to write this book?
I wanted to write a story based here in Ohio. Farming is a crucial part of this land. I wanted to bring that alive through the eyes of a spectacular hero and heroine. Dee is a city girl. A reader will follow her as she adapts to country life but also finds the love for Abe that she’d believed was long gone. Abe is as tough as nails, but Dee peels away the layers to reveal a soft heart.

What exciting story are you working on next?
I am working on an erotica. A story of a woman who has a one night stand and the man she believes she slept with isn’t him at all. It’s all a matter of mistaken identity…

Writing life:
I somehow manage to write steamy love scenes in between taking care of kids and cleaning up cat puke and doing laundry. Yes, I do live an exotic life. :)

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
The second I received the contract. I went from domestic goddess to full-time writer. Actually, I’m still the domestic goddess, but writer has such a nicer ring to it.

Do you write full-time? If so, what's your work day like? If not, what do you do other than write and how do you find time to write?
Yes, I write full-time…and when I say full-time, I mean full-time. I dedicate nine hours a day, every day except one, to writing. I also freelance edit which occupies a lot of my time.

Fun:
Fun always involves my kids. I spend a lot of time with my babies. Now, if I’m lucky, I get taken to a romantic dinner now and again or maybe get to watch an adult movie. Let me stress that…if I’m lucky.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
Bad-ass heroes and sassy heroines. I’ve also noticed that many of my heroine’s get pregnant. Hmm…Not good for promoting safe sex, eh??

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
At thirteen I knew what I wanted to be. A writer. If that didn’t work out, I wanted to be a drag racer. You see where I landed? LOL.

Anything additional you want to share with the readers?
I always want to please my readers. There is nothing better than hearing from someone who has just finished your book and they are excited to tell you how much they enjoyed it. I love to hear from everyone. This is what keeps me motivated to continue writing. Never be too shy to drop me a line.

Feel free to check out my author blog and friend me on Facebook.

Rhonda, thanks for being here today. It sure sounds like you have a lot of fun creating new stories. :)

1 comment:

Rhonda Lee Carver said...

Thanx for having me as a guest Lisa.