Thursday, August 17, 2017

Interview with romantic comedy author Brooke Williams

Author Brooke Williams is here today and we’re chatting about her new romantic comedy The Leftover.

Bio:
Brooke Williams is a former radio producer/host turned stay-at-home mom/freelance writer/author. She specializes in romantic comedy with titles like Accept this Dandelion and the upcoming The Leftover. She also writes blogs and web content for a number of clients. Brooke has been married to her husband Sean since 2002 and they have two daughters, Kaelyn and Sadie.

Welcome, Brooke. Please tell us about your current release.
The Leftover places a shy, socially awkward girl on a TV show similar to Survivor, only in a local manner. She doesn’t think she’ll do well and it shows! After mishaps abound, she starts to gain confidence. It’s a fun book with lots of contests, oh, and there’s a cute medic across the beach as well.

What inspired you to write this book?
I always watch these reality type shows and wonder what it someone more like me was on it. Someone awkward who wasn’t all athletic and confident all the time. That gets the wheels spinning in my head and the characters form!

Excerpt from The Leftover:


What exciting story are you working on next?
I have another short story coming out this winter called Another Backwards Christmas. I wrote Backwards Christmas last year about a town called South Pole, Alaska in which they do all of the Christmas traditions backwards. They hang Christmas trees upside down from the ceiling and they take presents TO Santa, that sort of thing. This story takes place in that same town with different characters. IT can be read after the first story or on its own.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I still pinch myself when people ask what I do and I am able to tell them I am a writer. I guess I considered myself an author when my first romantic comedy “Wrong Place, Right Time” was picked up by a publisher. I considered myself a writer (freelance writer) when I started getting paid for writing jobs.

Do you write full-time? If so, what's your work day like? If not, what do you do other than write and how do you find time to write?
Not quite. I’m a mom first and my girls don’t always allow me much time, but I write as much as I can and somehow manage to get in over 200 blogs a month for clients. Writing is like breathing to me. It’s something I feel like I HAVE to do. I love it and I can’t imagine a day without it. That being said, I fully plan to make it my full-time career once my girls are both in school. That’ll be another year. Until then, I get by with what time they allow me!

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I write about as fast as I can think. People are amazed at how fast things come out and how quickly I type!

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A Video Quick Stop Girl. Back then, they had movie stores to rent movies, but there was also this little phone booth sized thing outside where you could drive up and ask for a certain movie. IF they had it, you could check it out. I thought that was totally cool and wanted to work there.

Anything additional you want to share with the readers?
Writing, to me, is an escape from everyday stresses. I hope reading what I write does the same for you! If so, I’ve done my job!

Links:

-->
Thank you for being here today.
-->

No comments: