Monday, June 16, 2014

Interview with romantic suspense author Roni Teson

I’m happy to have romantic suspense author Roni Teson here today. She’s currently doing a virtual book tour with Write Now Literary for her novel Twist.

Bio:
Growing up in Southern California, I developed a love for the ocean and all things coastal. I lived inland for a few years in Atlanta, Phoenix, and Denver, only to be lured home by the sound of crashing waves and colorful sunsets.

I wrote Heaven or Hell, my first novel, during my treatment for stage IV cancer. The day after the final edit of this book, the doctor told me that I was in remission. I believe writing was a critical part of my recovery, and now it's integral to my life.

I'm lucky. I have a passion that keeps me awake at night, friends who have been in my life for decades, family that supports my craziness, a home on the beach, many more novels in my head, and a body that is healed. I am forever grateful.

Welcome, Roni. Please tell us about your current release, Twist.
Beatrice Malcolm’s first experience with a boy is caught on a security camera. The footage is used by the FBI in a very public way to flush out her fugitive father who is on the FBI’s Most Wanted list. Beatrice has no idea the reason he’s wanted has to everything to do with her this is only the beginning. The twist keep coming through to the very last page, but don’t peak, you’ll spoil the ending.

What inspired you to write this book?
The idea for Twist came from the writer’s retreat (my word because I love my new place) I moved into in November 2013. I live on the beach. Right outside my window is the letter “B” attached to the light pool. This designates the area that lifeguards drive onto the sand. I also live in unit “B.” I moved in and decided that I’d get a dog and name her Bea. Instead, the very next day I started writing Twist, which is about Bea (no dog, yet).

What exciting story are you working on next?
I’m working on The Bishop Girls, a contemporary fiction novel about Molly Bishop’s who’s sister dies. Family secrets are revealed one after another, Molly soon discovers her entire life is a lie and she might be more like her con-artist relatives than she suspects.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
In 2010 when I finished my first novel and realized I could write.

Do you write full-time? If so, what's your work day like? If not, what do you do other than write and how do you find time to write?
I do not write full time. I wake up every day at 4am and write until 7am. When I do not travel I am fortunate enough to work from home. I work in business-to-business sales in an industry I’ve been in for 25 years. I manage clients and acquire clients for my organization.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I read everything out loud when I’m close to completion. Then rewrite and read out loud again and again. My neighbors hear me!

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to do something creative, but I didn’t no for sure what. I learned how to play the guitar. I write songs. Over the last four years writing novels has become my obsession. I also come from a creative family. My mother and brother are artists, my sister is a writer, my father is an entrepreneur.

Anything additional you want to share with the readers?
My passion to write came out of a stage IV cancer diagnosis. If there is something you always wanted to do or try in your life don’t wait. Start now and know that it’s never too late.

Social links:

Thank you, Roni – you’re quite an inspiration!



No comments: