Wednesday, December 7, 2016

New interview with romance author Faye Hall

I’m happy to welcome author Faye Hall back to the blog. Today we’re chatting about her new historical interracial romance, Deceit & Devotion.

In July, Faye and I talked about her steamy romantic suspense novel Shrouded Passions.

Bio:
Murder, lies, deception, and love set in the outback under the Australian sun.

These are the stories of Faye Hall.

Her passion driven, mystery filled books are set in North Queensland, Australia during the development of the townships at the end of the 19th century.

Each of her novels bring something symbolically Australian to her readers, from Aboriginal herbal remedies, to certain gemstones naturally only found in this part of the world.

Each of her books tell of a passionate connection between the hero and heroine, surrounded and threatened by deceit, scandal, theft and sometimes even murder.

These romances swerve from the traditional romances as Faye aims to give her readers so much more intrigue, whilst also revealing the hidden histories of rural townships of North Queensland.

Faye finds her inspiration from the histories of not only the township she grew up in, but the many surrounding it. She also bases most of her characters on her own ancestors and their adventures when first migrating to Australia.

Faye was able to live her own passion driven romance, marrying the love of her life after a whirlwind romance in 2013. Together they are raising their 9 children in a remote country town in northern Queensland, Australia.

Welcome back to Reviews and Interviews, Faye. Please tell us about your newest release. Deceit & Devotion explores the scandalous world of a young Australian aboriginal man, Jarrah, who has been hired to seduce a wealthy white woman, Emily, so her husband can take claim of her wealth and properties. A relationship develops between Jarrah and Emily, and she ends up hiring him to investigate her husband and his murderous past, as well as his connection to her father’s death and the missing black opal collection she was to inherit.

There’s plenty of passion, suspense as well as a lot about the medicines and remedies of the Australian Aboriginals that can be found in this seductive story.

What inspired you to write this book?
My husband suggested to me quite some time ago that it would be interesting (and scandalous) if I were to write a story involving an interracial couple set in our Australian history. It’s not something I have done before so writing this book was an interesting journey for me.

What’s the next writing project?
I have a release Amorous Redemption, due out in May next year. I’m also working on Heart of Stone, a story about an Australian Slave trader who fall in love with an Irish slave.

What is your biggest challenge when writing a new book? (or the biggest challenge with this book)
I tend to always need to have accurate historical names for ships, hotels and so on in my books so usually my biggest challenge is finding that information.

If your novels require research – please talk about the process. Do you do the research first and then write, while you’re writing, after the novel is complete and you need to fill in the gaps?
I love history and am very familiar with the historical facts about the towns I write in due to my own family research. That said I do struggle finding some facts – such as street names, and names of businesses – as a lot of the documentation can’t be found. I spend a lot of time looking through family history books to find the information I need because it’s not as easy as a ‘google search’. Hence some stories take longer to write then others as I research as I go, so can be quite a few interruptions.

What’s your writing space like? Do you have a particular spot to write where the muse is more active? Please tell us about it.
I have a rather large desk with my computer on. I would love to say it’s spotless apart from the computer, but in truth it’s cluttered with notebooks and stationery and gifts from my children. But it’s comforting for me so I write well most days.

What authors do you enjoy reading within or outside of your genre?
I’ve always love Amanda Quick books! But I equally enjoy To Kill a Mockingbird and Lord of the Flies.

Anything additional you want to share with the readers today?
Just thank you massively to all my readers and supporters and I really hope I can keep you intrigued in my books for many years to come.


Thank you for coming back to Reviews and Interviews!

No comments: