Friday, November 13, 2015

Interview with writer/blogger P. Wish

Writer and blogger P. Wish is here today. We’re chatting about her collection of short stories, Into the Light.

Bio:
P. Wish is an author and blogger. She graduated with an honours degree in Law from the University of Manchester, UK.

She wrote her first ‘official’ novel at seven and since then, she hasn’t looked back. She spends most of her time writing, designing for her blog and making book trailers. When she’s not writing, she likes to paint, dance, meditate, research, watch movies and nourish her sweet tooth. She loves to read about a wide variety of topics like business, psychology, marketing, singing and self help.

Welcome, P. Please tell us about your current release.
Into the Light is a collection of nine versatile short stories. These short stories are divided into three genres- science fiction, human interest and comedy. Into the Light is a compilation of stories serialised on my blog between June and September, 2015. These stories were posted as part of an event called ‘Short Story Wednesdays’. I posted a new story each week and it gradually grew into this collection. The book also includes an additional new short story. The common thread that these stories share is a ‘twist’. The diversity of themes covered in this short story collection are what make it unique.

What inspired you to write this book?
Since the book covers a diverse range of genres and themes, the sources of inspiration are many. I did a series titled ‘Story behind the stories’ on my blog and social media. I posted a new blog post each day detailing my sources of inspiration in writing each story. Feel free to read through it on my blog and social media. Generally, the story is inspired by creativity, technology and human emotions. Some parts draw from my life experiences while others are totally fictional. It is a good combination of reality and fantasy.

A short except from the first chapter of the Into the Light (Veronica):
“The white marble floor vibrated with throbbing footsteps. The door opened suddenly, revealing a long column of blinding light. It illuminated a small, old fashioned wooden bed, a leaking sink, a wrought iron chair and the warm wooden floor. Shadow looked at the scene queerly. It appeared like it belonged in the history museum, not reality. His eyes fell on a dark figure crouched on a chair near the window. Her hair was raven black, her form fragile, her lips chapped. They curved into a smile that never faded.

“Welcome.” her lips parted.

Veronica did not blink. She sat on a chair by the window and looked at the sunset. She couldnt see the dark clouds that shadowed the sun, she couldnt see the air filled with dread and fear, she couldnt see the gloom cast over the city, she couldnt see how many people died everyday. She smiled because she was blind.”


What exciting story are you working on next?
I am working on a chick lit novel titled ‘Confessions’. In fact, it is already being serialised on my blog (to date, it has completed eight weeks of serialization). I would like to invite the readers to check it out.

I am also working on a thriller/mystery novel which is part of a series. The first book should be out sometime next year. I am in the process of editing the final draft.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
This is an interesting question. I would say it was probably after I self published my first book this May. I never realised how time consuming and demanding being a writer was. Since I am a self published writer, I have to take care of everything from marketing to publishing to writing. It is a full time job.

Do you write full-time? If so, what's your work day like? If not, what do you do other than write and how do you find time to write?
Yes, I write full time. I work from home (which basically means I laze at home all day). My day usually begins with some form of exercise. It wakes me up. I spend my mornings and afternoons marketing and promoting my books mainly on the internet. A lot of this time is spent learning about marketing since I have no background in the subject. I spend the evening going through my e-mails and social media. I write at night (usually after seven). At ten, I begin reading a book and continue until midnight when I sleep. I like to meditate before I sleep.

When I am not writing, I love to read. I also love discovering new cuisines when I have the time. Travelling is also one of my passions.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I am an owl. I only write at night. The best ideas come to me at the oddest hours. Some days, I begin at midnight and go on till the next morning. Of course, this messes up my daily routine but I manage to get my sleep.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I know this sounds really predictable but I’ve always wanted to be a writer. I wrote my first book at seven so, I didn’t have a lot of time to think about other choices. Surprisingly, I sustained my interest in writing throughout my life.

Anything additional you want to share with the readers?
It was a pleasure to do this interview. I had a lot of fun answering the questions. I want to thank all the readers for their support. If you want to read more about me and sample my works, I urge you to visit my blog, www.pwish.net. I also serialize novels and stories regularly on my blog so, you can read my works for free before they come out. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reach out to me. Have a nice day.

Links:


Thank you, P.! Happy writing!

1 comment:

Blogger said...

You can make $20 for each 20 minute survey!

Guess what? This is exactly what big companies are paying for. They need to know what their customer needs and wants. So large companies pay $1,000,000's of dollars every month to the average person. In return, the average person, like me, fills out surveys and gives them their opinion.