Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Interview with author Kristin Roison - BK Walker Books virtual book tour



Today I welcome Kristin Roison as she tours with The Virtual Book Tour Cafe's Books on Tour virtual book tour.

Kristin is a very happily married, stay at home mother, raising two little boys. Kristin has been writing since junior high, loving all forms of the written word, including poetry, short stories, scripts and even music, but only in the last 6 or 7 years has had the inspiration and support to actually have her works published.

And now, that dream is coming true! With a wonderful team at PublishAmerica, to help Kristin realize this dream, and with the love and support of friends and family, she knows that this book can only do great things.

Please tell us about your current release, NyteBeauti.
It follows the story of Desta Rayne, a young vampire girl, and her journey through darkness, despair, and ultimately, redemption.

What inspired you to write this book?
My husband and I used to roleplay (online D&D style) and I fell totally and completely in love with the characters we'd created. So much so, that I could let them fade into just a memory. I HAD to continue their sagas.

What exciting story are you working on next?
I'm working on the second book of the NyteBeauti series, Echoes of Rayne.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
Middle school-ish. I was about 13 or 14, and was going through a lot of emotional upheaval at the time. Writing became my outlet.

Do you write full-time? If so, what's your work day like? If not, what do you do other than write and how do you find time to write?
I do consider myself a full-time writer, but I'm also a Stay-at-home-Mom, so between changing diapers, bottles, pizza lunches, and making sure the house is livable (I've given up on the concept of clean, at least until the oldest boy is moved out. Haha) I squeeze writing in whenever I can. And now that we're heading into the holiday season, I stare at my notebooks and wonder, "Will I EVER get this thing done?" Haha!

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I have to act out what I'm writing. If I can't conjure the emotion of the moment, I usually scrap it, or rewrite it. Oh, and dialogs have to be read aloud, which often annoys my husband, when he's trying to work on homework, or watch a movie.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
An artist, of somesort. An author, a musician, a painter, an actor... Anything creative.

Anything additional you want to share with the readers?You can follow me on Facebook @ Kristin Roisin (There's a fan page, and a personal page) and you can find NyteBeauti at: Amazon.com, Barnesandnoble.com and Borders.com

Thanks for stopping by, Kristin. I wish you all the best with the tour of the new release, and with your future writing.


No comments: