Monday, July 19, 2010

Interview with author Tasha Wright - BK Walker Books virtual book tour



Welcome, Readers, to Reviews and Interviews' interview with Tasha Wright as she tours with BK Walker Books', Authors Promoting Authors virtual book tour. Here is a listing of the full schedule.

Tasha, thank you for stopping by today.

Please tell us about your current release, When a Tattered Past Catches You.
Tough willed, strong as nails Willa will do whatever it takes to provide for her family even if that meant putting her life in danger or on hold. Living the street life meant not allowing anything or anyone to get close enough to hurt or destroy her. But, after the death of her mother she is forced to return home and confront a past she tried to erase from her memory.

As Willa confronts a tragic past, she also has to confront something else, her long lost love, Damon. Living the street life and becoming the head woman in charge was something Willa did with ease, but there was always something or someone missing in her life. Will Willa let down her guard and allow Damon back into her life again or will she continue to live the street life?

What inspired you to write this book?
I wanted to write about a woman who could be very strong and intelligent, but still not know how to deal with the emotional aspect of life. I wanted to show her struggle and how she overcame this obstacle.

What exciting story are you working on next?
When I write I tend to have three things going on at once. I haven’t quite decided which I will go with, but there is one story that is calling out to me would be a love triangle. The main character and her lover both have other relationships but they can’t seem to let the other go. This is a recipe for danger. Will people survive, overcome or fall into a pit of destruction?

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I considered myself a writer when I accomplished the most difficult task in the writing process. Finishing the book! Many people start or attempt but rarely do they finish. Publishing is a major accomplishment.

Do you write full-time? If so, what's your work day like? If not, what do you do other than write and how do you find time to write?
Although I would love to be a full-time writer, I still work full-time and I am a full-time college student as well. It is a task to maintain all of the things I need to do but when you are as passionate as I am about writing, you will always find the time.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
As I write, I act out each person in the way I write them. So, I will speak in different manners and embody each character. With all the writing I do I could be an actress. If someone walked in, I am sure I would be committed.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I began writing short stories when I was sixteen. As I continued to develop and people would read what I was writing I would be asked to write more and soon I had written a complete book. Although, it was not on the level of this book I set a goal that I wanted to be a writer and learn everything I could about it. I am doing what I always wanted to do.

Anything additional you want to share with the readers?
I would just like to thank everyone who has taken the time to read my book. I enjoy creating something that will take people away from their current world and allow them time to be in a totally different zone. I hope that I live up to all your expectations of what you all believe to be great work! Thank you again and again! It is because you I am able to do what I LIVE to do.

Where can folks learn more about you and your writing?
My Web site is: http://authortashawright.webs.com

Readers, leave a comment to be entered into a drawing to win one of several gifts from promoter of this VBT, BK Walker. Gifts include: a $25 Visa Gift Card, book light,a free-of-charge virtual book tour, or one writing package which includes a journal, pen, book light, and book marker.

My next guest for the tour is July 23 – Karen Kotslivy.

No comments: